Divido is split almost cleanly in two by dimensional distortions which Eve colloquially refers to as "tears in space." The resulting divide means that the planet (and a wide swath of space around it) is torn between two climate extremes, with Area F1 being a sandy desert and F2 being a frozen glacier.
As if the mutant infestation and the hazardous climes weren't bad enough, the dimensional distortions generate so much force that the slightest touch is enough to completely vaporize Jason and/or Gaia-SOPHIA. In side view, however, these distortions have weak points in specific locations which can be blasted open with a fully-charged Full Accel Burst sphere (or a Photon Detonator explosion when playing as Copen). In particular, one weak point located next to Dungeon-2's entrance serves as the only means of transitioning between the two areas without use of the Space Map, while a second weak point blocks access to Dungeon-4's entrance from Area F1.
Apart from the ubiquitous dimensional distortions, Planet Divido's primary side view obstacles are pits of quicksand (desert) or snow (glacier) which often house octopus-like mutants. Throwing a repulsion jack from Repulsion Upper into one of these pits will launch any resident mutants, along with the top layer of the pit, upward, stunning them and causing them to be destroyed upon impact.
- While mired in either quicksand or snow, G-SOPHIA moves laterally at greatly reduced speed while slowly sinking to the bottom (which can either be helpful or lethal depending on what lies below the pit). Jumping within quicksand or snow causes the MA to ascend at reduced speed, potentially allowing it to escape while near the top surface of the pit.
- G-SOPHIA can use Burn Spark to dash through, or on top of, quicksand pits without sinking, but will move at greatly reduced speed if used while submerged. Attempting to traverse a snow pit with this sub-weapon will instead melt the entire pit, dropping any resident mutants (and possibly G-SOPHIA as well, if the pit was on top of a dimensional distortion) to their deaths.
Within Planet Divido's four top-down view dungeons, dimensional distortions continue to divide rooms into desert and glacier sections, with naturally-occurring breaks in the distortions allowing for limited traversal between the two biomes:
- Within desert sections, patches of sand reduce Jason's movement speed. Slug-like mutants are imbued with the fire element, leaving flames in their wake and shooting fireballs upon being alerted to Jason's presence.
- Within glacier sections, patches of ice cause Jason to move with reduced friction, preventing him from changing directions quickly; these patches can be melted with fire-element attacks (Torch Bomb and fire-empowered G-Blaster/Splasher/EX Charge Gun Levels) to restore normal movement. Slug-like mutants are imbued with the ice element, freezing the ground as they move and shooting ricocheting ice projectiles upon being alerted to Jason's presence.
In both sections, sand/snow flows often prevent Jason from moving in certain directions at first. When this is the case, green and orange pillars must be raised or lowered, by activating colored switches in the same room, in order to change the flows and open a path forward.
Divido is the domain of Stein, pilot of NORA MA-03 Atom. While a relatively nice guy, Stein's mechanical savvy is deficient when it comes to electronics, so when his support droid Tesset goes missing thanks to a giant mutant and Divido's dimensional instability, he's unable to communicate with Jason and decides shooting first is a good idea.
- Dungeon-4: Dig-Rawler
- Dungeon-1: Map F
- Dungeon-2: Absolute Comet (Jason); Muse's Kiss (Copen); Apas Blade (Empress)
- Dungeon-4: Access Key 6
- Planetoid Map F-1
- Planetoid Map A-2
- Access Key 5
- Dungeon-3: Life Up
- Full Accel Burst
- Photon Detonator (Copen only)
- Planetoid Map F-2
- Emblem - ATOM (Jason only)
"Divido" is a word in Esperanto that means "division". This references how Planet Divido is split into two separate halves, one being desert and the other being glacier.
|“||Jason: Area F1... All this sand makes it hard to move.
Eve: The environment was disrupted by the dimensional distortions... Watch your step, and make sure not to get caught in quicksand. G-SOPHIA can avoid sinking with the BURN SPARK or HOVER, but...
|— "Area F1" Eve Chat|
|“||Jason: Area F2... All this snow makes it hard to move.
Eve: The environment was disrupted by the dimensional distortions... Watch your step, and make sure not to get caught in the snow. G-SOPHIA can avoid sinking with the BURN SPARK or HOVER, but...
|— "Area F2" Eve Chat|